How to Apply
- If you do not already have a federal Username and Password, you may register for one at www.pin.ed.gov. You must have this before you can file your FAFSA on line.
- Beginning this year, you may complete your FAFSA as early as October 1, 2016. Complete the 2017-2018 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) as soon as possible after October 1, 2016. The FAFSA is available on line at www.fafsa.ed.gov. The Lincoln Memorial University FAFSA Code is 003502. In order for you to complete the FAFSA, you will need your 2015 federal income tax return (or an estimate), W-2 forms, bank statements and investment information. You should retain these documents in a file so that they are readily available if requested at a later date by the DCOM Financial Services Office. If you filled out a 2016-17 FAFSA, you will be using the same income you used to complete that form. As a professional student, we do not require your parental information on the FAFSA.
- If you do not receive the results of your FAFSA within a few days of submission, you should check the status of your application by selecting “Check Status of a Submitted FAFSA” under the FAFSA Follow-up section of the FAFSA home page. It is important that you review the information for accuracy and make corrections if necessary.
- If your SAR is flagged for verification by the federal processing center, you will receive a computer generated missing information letter from the Financial Aid Office notifying you of the information required to complete verification (i.e. federal tax returns and a verification form). Since professional students are no longer eligible for Subsidized Stafford Loans, we are waiving verification requirements that pertain to income and you may disregard the request.
- If your SAR is flagged for a reason other than verification, you must submit the requested documentation. An example would be questions concerning your citizenship status. Documentation should be submitted to Pat Peace or Jonah Scent in the DCOM Office of Financial Services located in the DCOM Admissions/Student Services suite.
- You will receive an email when your financial aid award has been made. The email will include instructions on accessing your account on Web Advisor. You should immediately go to your Web Advisor account, review the amounts awarded on each loan program and accept/decline each award. Once this process is complete, be sure to click the “Submit” button. All loans will be awarded at maximum eligibility. If you want to borrow less than the amount awarded, DO NOT make the adjustments yourself. You should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting the reduction.
- Once you have accepted your loans, follow the instructions on the DCOM Financial Aid webpage under “Financial Aid Award Completion” to complete your loan processing.
Pat Peace, Director of Financial Services
LMU-DCOM Financial Services Office
6965 Cumberland Gap Parkway
Harrogate, TN 37752
Office: 423.869.7107; 800.325.0900, ext. 7107